On the Cigna Dental Care plan, your benefits begin right away because there are no deductibles or waiting periods. And the Access Plus network is the largest of its kind in the country, so you'll be able to choose the right dentist for your needs.
no deductibles or
annual dollar maximums
virtual dental care
PREVENTIVE CARE COVERED AT 100% (after $5 office visit fee)
ortho for family, teeth whitening, athletic mouth guards
Largest network of its kind.
You must use a dentist in the Access Plus network in order for care to be covered.
You'll choose a primary network dentist who will manage all of your preventive care services and many specialty services. If you need to see a specialist, your primary dentist will refer you to one in the network. You do not need a referral to see an orthodontist.
You can change your primary network dentist anytime.
Each of your enrolled dependents can choose their own primary network dentist, and children under the age of 13 can use a pediatric specialist without any referral needed.
If you have dependents located out of state, they can choose a primary network dentist near them as long as the Cigna Dental Care plan is offered in the state in which they are located.
Save money and get enhanced coverage like teeth whitening and orthdontics for adults and children.
Cigna Dental Care
(DHMO ) Plan
Prepared for eligible Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS) retirees and their eligible dependents.
The Cigna Dental Care plan is not available in these states:
AK, ME, MT, NH, NM, ND, PR, SD, ID, VT, WV, WY and USVI.
How the Cigna Dental Care plan works.
Find a Dentist
Once in the directory, you can search dentists by name, or view all dentists in your search area by choosing "Doctor by Type > Dentists."
When prompted, select "Continue as guest." From the list of results, click on a dentist name to view their profile and to see their DHMO office number.
This year, maximize savings and convenience without sacrificing quality.
Don't see your dentist in the network?
Submit a nomination form.
For more information on plan copayments, covered services, exclusions and limitations, see the options below.
For assistance in locating a dentist or for questions about your plan, call 1-800-244-6224
View Fee Schedule
Cigna Dental Health Connect
Did you know that 90% of all systemic diseases have oral symptoms?* It's all connected, from your teeth to your toes.
Designed to provide proactive and personalized support so taking care of oral health - and overall health - is easier and more affordable.
Chronic Condition Support
For customers living with certain chronic conditions like diabetes or heart disease, or those who are pregnant, the Cigna Dental Oral Health Integration Program provides reimbursement for certain dental services to reduce the impact dental conditions like gum disease can have on certain medical conditions. You do not need to be enrolled in a Cigna medical plan and there is no additional cost for the program.
Dental Consults from Home
Toothaches and other urgent dental problems don't always happen when your dentist is open. But with Cigna Dental Virtual Care, you can consult with a licensed dentist 24/7/365 from the comfort and security of your own home.
1. The term “DHMO” is used to refer to product designs that can vary depending on your state, including but not limited to, prepaid plans, managed care plans and plans with open access features. The Cigna Dental Care plan is not available in all states.
2. Refer to your plan materials to see if your plan includes orthodontic coverage. The following orthodontic services are generally not covered: incremental costs associated with optional/elective materials; orthognathic surgery appliances to guide minor tooth movement or correct harmful habits; and any services which are not typically included in orthodontic treatment.
3. As compared to DPPO premiums.
4. Please refer to your plan documents or contact your employer for more information on what out-of- pocket costs you may be responsible for and what’s covered and not covered by your employer’s specific plan. A benefit is paid for covered out-of-network emergency dental care. Certain states mandate coverage for dental care received out-of-network. For example, in Minnesota, the plan will pay 50% of the value of your network benefit for covered out-of-network services. In Oklahoma, the plan will pay the same amount it pays network dentists for covered out-of-network services. You are responsible for any charges not covered by the plan. Other states may have similar mandates. Refer to your plan documents for cost and coverage details.
5. NetMinder data for DHMO networks, individual contracted providers. Subject to change.
6. Covered employees must enroll in the program prior to receiving dental services to be eligible for reimbursement. This program provides reimbursement for certain eligible dental procedures for customers with qualifying medical conditions. Reimbursement is applied/subject to applicable plan year maximums. Contact your Cigna representative for a list of eligible procedures.
7. Due to state laws governing teledentistry, this service is not available to residents of Texas.
All group dental insurance policies and dental benefit plans contain exclusions and limitations. For costs and details of coverage, see your plan documents. Cigna Dental Care plans are insured by Cigna Dental Health Plan of Arizona, Inc., Cigna Dental Health of California, Inc., Cigna Dental Health of Colorado, Inc., Cigna Dental Health of Delaware, Inc., Cigna Dental Health of Florida, Inc., a Prepaid Limited Health Services Organization licensed under Chapter 636, Florida Statutes, Cigna Dental Health of Kansas, Inc. (KS & NE), Cigna Dental Health of Kentucky, Inc. (KY & IL), Cigna Dental Health of Maryland, Inc., Cigna Dental Health of Missouri, Inc., Cigna Dental Health of New Jersey, Inc., Cigna Dental Health of North Carolina, Inc., Cigna Dental Health of Ohio, Inc., Cigna Dental Health of Pennsylvania, Inc., Cigna Dental Health of Texas, Inc., and Cigna Dental Health of Virginia, Inc. In other states, Cigna Dental Care plans are insured by Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company (CHLIC) or Cigna HealthCare of Connecticut, Inc., and administered by Cigna Dental Health, Inc. Policy forms: OK - POL115, OR - HP-POL121 04-10, TN – HP-POL134/HC-CER17V1 et al (CHLIC).
Scroll down for more information
Lower monthly premiums
No deductibles or annuall dollar maximum
Preventive care covered at 100% after $5 office visit fee
Ortho for the whole family, teeth whitening, athletic mouth guards
24/7/365 Cigna Dental Virtual Care
Watch Video Overview
WATCH VIDEO OVERVIEW