H-E-B TEXAS-SIZED GRADUATION SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. OPEN TO TEXAS RESIDENTS, 16+ ONLY. PARTICIPANTS UNDER 18 MUST GET PARENT PERMISSION TO ENTER. ENDS 5/20/20. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. A PURCHASE OF ANY KIND WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD. The H E B Texas-Sized Graduation Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) sponsored by H E B, LP (“H-E-B” or “Sponsor”) begins May 13, 2020, at 5:00:01 p.m. Central Time (“CT”) and ends on May 21, 2020, at 11:59:59 p.m. CT (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
2. HOW TO ENTER. During the Sweepstakes Period, post a photo showing how you are celebrating your graduation (a “Submission”) on Instagram or Twitter using the hashtags #HEBgraduation and #Sweepstakes. To be eligible, your Submission must be public. All entries must be posted by May 21, 2020, at 11:59:59 p.m. CT. All entries are subject to verification by Sponsor to determine eligibility. All decisions by Sponsor are final and binding. Any entry that does not comply with these Official Rules is void. By submitting an entry, participants acknowledge that they have read these Official Rules of the Sweepstakes, and they agree to be bound by them.
3. SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS. To be eligible, a Submission (i) must be the original work of the entrant; (ii) must not have been previously published or copyrighted by the entrant or any third party; (iii) must not have been submitted or been awarded a prize in any other contest or competition; (iv) must not contain any content that is obscene, defamatory, threatening, or otherwise inappropriate for reproduction as set forth herein; and (v) must not contain any content that infringes on the intellectual property or privacy rights of a third party. Sponsor reserves the right to modify or refuse any Submission or any part thereof for production, printing, creative, editorial, or aesthetic reasons as it deems appropriate in its sole discretion.
4. ELIGIBILITY. To participate in the Sweepstakes, entrant must (a) be a lawful permanent resident of the State of Texas; (b) at least sixteen (16) years of age at the time of entry, and (c) have an active Instagram or Twitter account and Internet access. Any entrant under age 18 must have the consent of a parent or guardian to enter. Free Internet access is available at many public libraries, and you can create an Instagram or Twitter account for free. This Sweepstakes is void outside the State of Texas and where prohibited by law. This Sweepstakes and any website pages and advertisements relating thereto are intended for viewing only within the State of Texas.
5. LIMIT. Limit one (1) entry per person. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different accounts, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorized account holder used to register will be deemed to be the entrant. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an account by the relevant service. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. Proof of entry is not proof of detection of entry by Sponsor (“receipt” of entry).
6. GRAND PRIZES (Two Hundred (200) available). Each Grand Prize winner will receive one (1) Five Hundred Dollar ($500) VISA® gift card. Approximate retail value of each Grand Prize: $500. Gift cards are subject to applicable terms and conditions, including dormancy fees and expiration, if any, and may not be used for the purchase of alcohol or tobacco. No substitution or transfer of prize will be permitted by winner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion.
7. ALL PRIZES. Prizes will be shipped to address provided by winner, provided potential winner timely complies with the requirements set forth herein. Prizes are non-transferable, non-substitutable, and may not be redeemed for cash. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize of equal or greater value. Winners are responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes, and all other costs associated with prize acceptance. Sponsor is not responsible for inability of winner or winner’s guest to accept or use prize, and prize may be forfeited if winner cannot accept or use prize. Sponsor is not responsible if prize is lost, stolen, damaged, and/or destroyed, and reserves the right to substitute a prize of comparable value in the event any advertised prize becomes unavailable. All trademarks used in connection with prize description are the property of their respective owners. Allow up to four (4) weeks after verification for receipt of prize.
8. WINNER SELECTION AND ODDS. Drawing will take place on or about May 22, 2020, in San Antonio, Texas. Each potential winner will be selected in a random drawing by Sponsor from among all eligible entries received by Sponsor. Potential winners are subject to verification by Sponsor, whose decisions are final in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received by Sponsor. Potential winners will be notified via direct message on whichever social media platform their winning entry was posted on or about May 25, 2020. For Twitter, winners must allow for direct messages so that Sponsor can contact winners via direct message. Sponsor will provide an email address (or other contact information) where prize winner can make a prize claim. Limit one (1) prize per individual, family, or household. Winners may be required to complete and sign an affidavit of eligibility and liability release and a publicity release within three (3) days of prize notification or prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor may award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries.
9. SWEEPSTAKES CONDITIONS. This Sweepstakes is subject to these Official Rules and all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations (collectively “Rules and Laws”). Void where prohibited. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds: (i) to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes; (ii) to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; or (iii) to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person; and all associated entries will be void. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE RELATED TO THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, AND TO NOTIFY LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES WHO MAY PURSUE CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. In the event Sponsor is prevented from continuing with this Sweepstakes (or any portion thereof), or if the administration, integrity, fairness, proper play, and/or feasibility of the Sweepstakes is undermined by virus, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, technical difficulties, or any event or cause (each a “Force Majeure” event), Sponsor shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel, or terminate the Sweepstakes without notice or further obligation. In the event Sweepstakes is cancelled, the Sponsor reserves the right, but shall have no obligation, to award the prize(s) from among all non-suspect eligible entries up to the time of such Force Majeure event. Neither Instagram nor Twitter is affiliated with this Sweepstakes in any way and neither is responsible for the administration of the Sweepstakes or the awarding of any prize, and no endorsement or approval of Sweepstakes by Instagram or Twitter is expressed or implied.
10. PUBLICITY. Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes each winner's consent to Sponsor's and its agents' use of winner's name, social media profiles, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for advertising, trade, publicity, and promotional purposes in perpetuity in any present or future media, worldwide, without further payment, consideration, notice, permission, or approval.
11. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY; RELEASE AND INDEMNITY. By participating, entering, or accepting any prize, entrants agree to: (i) abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes; and (ii) to RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS Sponsor, its vendors, its advertising and promotion agencies, and their respective directors, officers, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, members, employees, agents, and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) against any and all claims, causes of action, and liability, including injuries, losses or damage of any kind, including death, to persons, or property arising out of or resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly from acceptance, use, misuse, or redemption of prize or participation in this Sweepstakes, or any communications by or from Sponsor related to the Sweepstakes. Released Parties are not responsible for technical, hardware or software, or telephone problems or malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network server, Internet service provider, cable, satellite, website, or other connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, lost, stolen, misdirected, mutilated, undelivered jumbled, scrambled, garbled, or delayed entries; or other electronic communications; or for any errors, problems, or malfunctions of any kind whether caused by computer, network, technical, mechanical, printing, typographical, seeding, or human error, or otherwise, relating to or in connection with this Sweepstakes, including without limitation, errors, problems, or malfunctions which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prize, or in any Sweepstakes-related materials. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes.
13. WINNER LIST. The winners’ names may be obtained by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to H E B Texas-Sized Graduation Sweepstakes Winners List, c/o H E B, LP, 646 South Flores Street, San Antonio, Texas 78204, no later than July 1, 2020.
14. SPONSOR. H E B, LP, 646 South Flores Street, San Antonio, Texas 78204.
Instagram, Instagram.com, Twitter, Twitter.com, and VISA® are the trademarks and service marks of their respective owners.