How well are you supporting your remote employees?
With new models of work and continually shifting business needs, it’s critical for you to provide end users with more than just collaboration apps. You must offer an integrated platform that gives employees an easy, secure way to find information and perform key tasks.
Supporting your remote workforce is no longer optional
Employees must do their jobs from any location, over any network, and using any device—with the same level of security they have in the office.
However, it's not as easy as it sounds.
The average employee uses 36 cloud services.
The more they switch between these services, the more their productivity will decrease.
• Losing visibility into your environment
• Security breaches and data loss
• Increased IT complexity
• Decreased productivity
• The inability for employees to provide prompt service
• Lost revenue
• Spending too much time on IT support
When your workforce relies on too many systems and apps, you run the risk of:
In the analyst report, The Role of Workstream Collaboration in the New World Nucleus (September 2019), Gartner recognizes that workstream collaboration plays a prominent role in what they refer to as the “new work nucleus.”
Gartner states that “the new work nucleus is a collection of ever-changing, multivendor, SaaS-based personal and team productivity applications that replaces decades-old on-premises applications and empowers teams to collaborate, create content, analyze data, and consume information.”
New work nucleus applications are “inherently mobile, collaborative, analytical and integrated, and increasingly infused with AI services — a sharp departure from their on-premises predecessors.”
The more you improve your employee experience, the better your business results. In fact, companies that simplify team communication and collaboration achieve the following:
more engaged workforce
Here are five ways Citrix Workspace helps you support your remote teams, improve collaboration, and realize the benefits of the new work nucleus:
A single, central workspace
Gartner states “Workstream collaboration (WSC) is not instant messaging. WSC combines key functionality from consumer messaging, instant messaging, chat rooms and discussion boards.”
Citrix Workspace does just that, aggregating all of the files, apps, and data that employees need to complete tasks in a single, unified interface.
AI and machine learning
Gartner states that “full power to drive workforce digital dexterity is delivered with the underlying augmentation services that come with it. These augmentation services make a platform out of the new work nucleus, one that turbocharges its ability to support new ways of working.”
Citrix Workspace harnesses the power of AI to boost employee productivity and drive better business results with:
• Machine learning that senses patterns in how users work so that they can complete tasks faster
• An intelligent, personal feed that pulls content, tasks, and insights from connected applications and delivers them to each user in a highly organized fashion
• Powerful tools that save time by automating calendar scheduling, email reminders, and other mundane tasks
Easy application integration
Gartner suggests elevating the use of the new work nucleus augmentation services to automate and enhance collaboration processes.
Citrix Workspace offers single sign-on (SSO) to any application and out-of-the-box microapp integrations with leading enterprise and collaboration tools, such as Microsoft Teams and Google G-Suite. Plus, it automatically syncs data from your mission-critical apps so that employees will always have the most up-to-date data.
Guide work with microapps
Gartner states “Business applications and microservices can be embedded into WSC channels. This provides users a single channel for business processes that may span several applications.”
Citrix Workspace fully supports over 100 pre-configured microapps and allows you to:
• Create custom workflows and give users instant access to the most popular features in their favorite apps.
• Avoid the hassle of building custom APIs and the high costs of app development.
• Create microapps for your legacy and on-premises applications.
According to Gartner, workspace security is evolving from the team level and is expected to “go one level deeper to support configuration of larger teams within a single channel.”
In comparison, Citrix Workspace goes one level deeper still, enforcing security at the user level and enabling IT to:
• Take a zero trust approach to constantly evaluate access while providing users with a seamless experience
• Enable remote work without the security risks and user experience headaches of a VPN tunnel
• Proactively monitor applications and gain a real-time view of any threats and control activities
• Provision, manage, and monitor your entire workspace infrastructure through a unified management console
• Deliver apps securely—across any device or network
• Improve your visibility into and control over all applications and endpoints
• Apply role-based security to ensure that each employee only accesses content that is applicable to them
Do you want to give employees secure, instant access to all of the tools they need to work effectively from any device or location? Download the pdf here.
Gartner, The Role of Workstream Collaboration in the New Work Nucleus, Marko Sillanpaa, Mike Gotta, September 25, 2019
McAfee.com, 12 Must-Know Statistics on Cloud Usage in the Enterprise, March 9, 2017