Happy Earth Day 2022
Clayco is commited to meeting the needs of our employees, clients and future generations in a manner consistent with environmental responsibility. As a builder and modeler of the build environment, we believe it is our duty to protect and preserve the natural and cultural resources of the communities we serve.
In keeping with this belief, it is our policy to conduct our business in an environmentally responsible manner that protects the public, our employees, and the earth that we all share in a comprehensive and transparent manner.
Life-Cycle Cost Analysis
Energy / Sustainability Audit
Sustainable Feasibility Study
Living Building Challenge Consulting
Wellness Design Strategies
In addition to complying with all applicable design and construction environmental laws and regulations, we commit to the following sustainability guidelines:
Within our office practices
Within our CONSTRUCTION practices
Within our DESIGN practices
• We make environmental concerns an integral part of our planning, decision-making and operational processes and commit sufficient resources to
implement effective environmental and sustainability programs.
• We have implemented environmental procurement practices for durable goods and supplies.
• We have implemented energy efficiency measures for our energy use operations.
• We have adopted healthy environmental
construction practices for construction work within our offices.
• We provide educational resources to our employees to be accountable for environmental stewardship and encourage them to seek innovative ways to improve the environmental aspects of our
• We promote and practice sound environmental stewardship of all company-owned facilities and properties and all natural and cultural resources under our management.
• We ensure the proper handling and disposal of all wastes, and minimize their creation while pursuing opportunities to prevent pollution and recycle and reuse waste materials.
• As a builder, we will avoid, minimize and mitigate any adverse environmental impacts caused by our construction operations where possible.
• We promote use of green building certification programs such as the USGBC LEED Green Building Rating System for all our projects, even those not pursuing formal green building certification.
• We maintain open channels of communication with our customers, employees, government agencies, public officials, the media and the public to meet their information needs in regard to energy,
environmental and sustainability issues
• We promote the efficient use of energy and natural resources through cost-effective conservation and energy management programs.
• Design with future generations in mind.
• Utilize materials that focus on transparency, that are healthy for the planet and people.
• Promote human interaction with biodiverse outdoor design.
• Work towards a net zero portfolio.
The University of
students and the
It offers suitestyle
options and is LEED
Clayco understands the importance of clean air and water, daylight, fitness, and community and is well-positioned to help projects achieve these goals. Our in-house experts on the WELL and Fitwel-specific guidelines are key to integrating these elements in to our process.
The Zurich North America Headquarters project is the largest LEED (V2009) BD+C Platinum Core and Shell project in the U.S.
to fight germs
Designed pre-pandemic, the Edge@West contains amenities with health in mind.
touch-free temperature Self-cleaning surfaces
key fob access
The Siebel Center for Design provides a new means of channeling students by creating an passion toward issues and lives of consequence. This new facility will help Illinois become famous as an incubator of outstanding young talent and is LEED Gold certified.