DO THIS EXPERIMENT NOW: VIRAL PACKAGING
TOOLS & MATERIALS:
• Card stock or other heavy paper
• Two to three feet (60–90 centimeters) of yarn
• Six extra-large cotton balls
• Printable triangle template provided in the assembly section below (contains two strips, each with 20 equilateral triangles whos sides are 1.5 inches long)
• Optional: small, plastic zip-top bag (not shown)
Solve the problem that took viruses millions of years to conquer by efficiently fitting nucleic acid and proteins into a small package.
Without complete cellular machinery, coronaviruses cannot reproduce on their own. Unlike bacteria, which can multiply inside or outside your body, a virus has to infect a living cell to make more viruses. This means any coronaviruses that happen to get on a surface will inactivate over time and that the most likely way to get infected is through direct contact with an infected person.
TRY IT NOW